Preferred candidate will reside in the New York City or Boston area
Do you pioneer? Do you enjoy breaking down and solving complex problems for the benefit of a quickly expanding customer base, focusing first on our customer and working backwards? Do you want to be part of a newly formed organization that is designing and launching new business models across the world? If so, the supply chain team is looking for an experienced leader with a strong record of achieving results, to think long term about the business and determine how we setup the worldwide network over the next one to three years in order to optimize performance and ensure a great customer experience.
Amazon obsesses over customers by offering a white glove service where we deliver TVs and other large items like furniture in customers homes. Not only do we deliver large parcels, we unpack, assemble, install and sometimes even do tests, hauling away old items as needed. As we head into Peak, we continue to build our special handling fulfillment, delivery and services network and will add more fulfillment centers and delivery stations across NA and EU. We are currently in the process of building out a network that is poised for big growth in the coming years.
The transportation network encompasses all of the operations required to deliver worldwide shipments to and from our fulfillment centers and third party partners through a network of transportation service providers. Role will have financial ownership and contract management responsibilities as well.
Are you the type of person who possesses an entrepreneurial drive, seeking to create, develop and integrate innovative solutions to deliver world class service to the customers?
This role requires working with multiple business and technical teams across the company to manage the operations, drive continuous improvement and enhance carrier performance. Must be effective in influencing leadership across retail leadership, customer service operations, technology teams, multiple carrier partners and senior leadership. Cross-team coordination, project management, effective verbal/written communication and executive presentation skills are essential.
Key Responsibilities Include
As a Delivery Execution Manager, you will have the opportunity to lead and develop your own team of Amazon On Road Leads; one of your main focuses will be motivating, mentoring, and coaching your team. You will be responsible for engaging your team to maintain the highest levels of safety, quality, attendance, Delivery Service Partner (DSP) performance and engagement. To achieve this, managers are expected to provide their associates with the tools, knowledge and training needed for success as well as keenly drive productivity and efficiency through data-driven decisions and analytical problem-solving.
- Supporting all safety programs and DOT compliance to ensure a safe work environment for all On Road Leads, DSP’s and Delivery Associates (DA)
- Developing performance goals and objectives to achieve customer promise expectations and ensure accuracy and quality
- Partnering with the AMXL Delivery Station (XLDS) management team to establish and maintain quality control standards
- Proactively identifying and leading process improvement initiatives and Lean tools
- Building and executing productivity plans by reviewing volume forecasts, determining capacity requirements, and partnering with other Managers to offset volume fluctuations
- Leading and developing a team of Amazon On Road Leads
- Communicating policies to DSPs, DAs, XLDS teams and On Road Leads while acting as the primary information source for the team, maintaining compliance and consistency and taking corrective action when needed
- Ensuring procedures are followed for building security and product loss prevention
- Creating, managing, and supporting recognition and communication programs
- Basic Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain, Industrial Engineering, Computer Science, Physics, Mathematics or other quantitative discipline or equivilant experience.
- Prior full-cycle program/product management experience in a similar industry
- Prior experience in logistics/transportation/supply chain/package delivery/last mile operations
- Prior experience implementing Lean Six Sigma and Project Management concepts and frameworks
- Prior experience performing cost/benefit analysis, analyzing risk/reward trade offs.
- Prior experience driving decisions through data and analytics, utilizing tools such as SQL, Tableau and Excel
- Preferred Qualifications
- Seven (7) years of full-cycle program/product management experience in a similar industry
- MBA or Master’s Degree in Industrial Engineering, Operations Management or related field
- Prior experience working with tech teams to build technology-based tools/solutions that will reduce cost, increase efficiencies and improve the overall program
- Prior experience with logistical solutions and developing new products
- Prior experience leading and influencing teams that are responsible for managing business operations
- Prior experience conducting time and motion studies, value stream/process mapping, failure mode analysis and root cause analysis
- Prior experience with negotiation and management of third-party vendors/carriers.
- Prior experience executing supply chain management concepts: forecasting, demand planning, optimization, capacity management and logistics
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Company - Amazon.com Services LLC
Job ID: A1147778
Show moreShow less