DXC Technology (NYSE: DXC) is the world’s leading independent, end-to-end IT services company, helping clients harness the power of innovation to thrive on change. Created by the merger of CSC and the Enterprise Services business of Hewlett Packard Enterprise, DXC Technology serves nearly 6,000 private and public sector clients across 70 countries. The company’s technology independence, global talent and extensive partner alliance combine to deliver powerful next-generation IT services and solutions. DXC Technology is recognized among the best corporate citizens globally. For more information, visit www.dxc.technology.
Undertakes the service management activities and minor enhancement involved in the ongoing delivery of Application Management . Provides application lifecycle technical expertise for the support, monitoring, troubleshooting, change and enhancement of packaged (e.g. SAP, Oracle) or custom applications (e.g. Java, .NET and Mainframe) in accordance with contractual terms and conditions and established technical standards such as CMMI and ISO. Provides technical input, and delivery model solutions/recommendations to Application Management Services deal pursuit. Engages in and provides support for transition/transformation efforts. Undertakes the full range of Service Management functions required to ensure service delivery compliance to budget, quality standards and committed service levels on an on-going basis following operational policies and processes that are compliant with industry standards, such as ISO, and best practices such as Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL). Manages the technical/service relationships: between the company and the customer, between the company and subcontractors/vendors, or among various company internal organizations. Works with the key customers, and/or internal businesses/end user representatives (e.g., Account Executive and the Account Delivery Manager) to retain customers and build the business. The company Application Management employees are supported by Service Desk function when they work directly with application end-users on application incidents. Provides input to and/or manages service improvement programs regarding customer satisfaction and service delivery. Employees using this job family should be working in Applications Management not ITO or hardware support.
- Technical Knowledge: Apply growing technical knowledge (e.g. SAP, Java, .NET) to solve application issues with limited risk/complexity. Under general direction, integrate technical knowledge and business understanding to create effective solutions for the company and for customers.
- Incident Management: Resolve routine in-scope technical incidents independently. Work with team members to resolve more complex incidents. Document known errors and work arounds.
- Escalation Management: identify and action escalations in line with defined policy
- Change Management/ Implementation: Under general direction implement changes/solutions to meet customer needs within area of technical responsibility. Understand and escalate scope changes per change control process.
- Configuration Management: Ensure Configuration Management Database (CMDB) entries are complete and accurate.
- Solution Design: Understand the company solutions set and be able to apply these solutions to meet customer needs within area of responsibility.
- Quality: Provide continual improvement recommendations for direct responsibility area (process improvement, technical standard updates, etc).
- Customer Relationship Management: Set expectations with customersand/or internal businesses/end users within defined parameters.
- Teamwork: Work as part of a team, which may be virtual and/or global.
- Contract Knowledge: Demonstrates basic understanding of business contract to support and meet contractual metrics and obligations in area of responsibility.
- Capacity and Performance Monitor performance checkpoints.
- Business Continuity Responsible for executing recovery actions.
Education And Experience Required
- Computer Science, Engineering, Business, or related field or equivalent work experience. May hold entry-level certification(s) in work field.
- Typically 0-2 years of relevant experience with Bachelor's degree, or 2+ years of relevant experience with 2 year post-high school degree.
Knowledge And Skills
Typical skills include:
- (developing) understanding of applications technology in area of direct responsibility.
- (developing) General understanding of related technologies.
- (developing) ITIL Process knowledge.
- (developing) Customer Service.
Show moreShow less