Are you a Big Data specialist? Do you have Data Warehousing, Hadoop/Spark/EMR, Machine Learning and/or Real Time Event Processing experience? Do you like to solve the most complex and large-scale data challenges in the world today? Do you want to have an impact in the development and use of new data analytics technologies? Would you like a career that gives you opportunities to help customers and partners use Cloud computing services to build new solutions, faster, and at lower cost? Do you like to gain the deepest customer and partner insights using Cloud computing technologies?
Amazon aims to be the most customer centric company on earth. Amazon Web Services (AWS) provides a highly reliable, scalable,
low-cost infrastructure platform in the cloud that powers critical applications for hundreds of thousands of businesses in 190 countries around the world.
At AWS, we’re hiring highly technical cloud computing architects to collaborate with our customers and partners on solutions in Big Data and Analytics. These engagements will focus on Real Time and Batch-based Big Data processing, Business Intelligence, HPC, and Machine Learning. This role will specifically focus on AWS Services for Analytics, and on helping our customers and partners build innovative Solutions and Businesses that focus on leveraging the value of data.
You would be one of the members of a dynamic team bringing the latest in disruptive, cutting-edge cloud computing technologies to bear on the difficult cost and agility challenges facing many organizations. The business development and accounting management teams will help you accelerate the adoption of AWS as the leading cloud technology platform.
The ideal candidate will …
Be great fun to work with. Our company credo is “Work hard. Have fun. Make history”. As the right candidate, you will love what you do, and instinctively know how to make work fun. You will be dynamic and creative, and willing to take on any challenge.
Enjoy working with customers and partners. Have a passion for educating, training, designing, and building cloud computing systems for some of the world’s largest and most important organizations.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Design Customer Solutions Collaborate with AWS field sales, presales, training and support teams to help partners and customers learn and use AWS services such as Elastic Map Reduce (EMR), Redshift, Kinesis, Amazon Machine Learning, AWS Lambda, Data Pipeline, S3, DynamoDB, and the Relational Database Service (RDS)
- Engage with Solution Architects, Account Managers, professional services, and partners to develop an Analytics engagement strategy for AWS operational territories and key accounts.
- Provide global thought leadership on Analytics solutions that benefit customers through the use of AWS Services. This takes the form of contribution to external publications such as the AWS Big Data Blog, White Papers and Reference architectures, as well as internal training and coaching of Solution Architects, Professional Services Consultants, Technical Account Managers, and AWS Trainers
- Serve as a key member of the business development and account management team in helping to ensure customer success in building and migrating applications, software and services on the AWS platform.
- Assist solution providers with the definition and implementation of technical and business strategies.
- Capture and share best-practice knowledge amongst the worldwide AWS solution architect community.
- Understand AWS market segments, and industry verticals.
- Understand and exploit the use of internal business support systems.
- This position is based in Bogotá, Colombia.
- Ability to communicate fluently in English and Spanish (Verbal and Written) is a must.
- The candidate must possess both technical and customer-facing skills that will allow them to be the "technical support face” of Amazon within a solution providers’ ecosystem as well as end customers. He or she must be able to facilitate relationships with senior personnel, as well as the technical background that enables him or her to easily interact and give guidance to software developers, IT pros, and system architects. The ideal candidate must also possess a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges.
- The right person is highly technical and analytical, possess significant experience of software development and/or IT and networking implementation and consulting experience.
- Experience working within the software development or Internet industries is highly desired.
- Understanding of application, server, and network security is highly desired.
- Executive speaking and presentation skills – The right person must have experiences with formal presentations, white boarding, large and small group presentations.
- Technical – Web services development/deployment experience, IT systems and network engineering experience, security and compliance experience, etc.
- Operational – Website/web services as well as traditional IT networking, operations, management, and security experience.
- Economic and business – RFP/Acquisition support; market analysis; cost benefit analysis, etc.
- Ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges in an enterprise environment. Understanding of Agile methodologies, and the ability to apply these practices to Analytics projects.
- Highly technical and analytical, possessing 10 or more years of analytics platform implementation or operations experience. Deep understanding of database and analytics technologies in the industry including MPP, Relational, and NOSQL databases.
- Knowledge of the underlying infrastructure requirements such as Networking, Storage, and Hardware Optimization.
- Implementation and tuning experience in the Apache Hadoop ecosystem, including tools such as Hadoop Streaming, Spark, Pig and Hive.
- Implementation and tuning experience of Data Warehousing platforms, including knowledge of Data Warehouse Schema Design, Query Tuning and Optimisation, and Data Migration and Integration. Experience of requirements for the analytics presentation layer including Dashboards, Reporting, and OLAP.
- BS level technical degree required; Computer Science or Math background preferred.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills are a must, as well as the ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations and virtual teams.
- Hands-on experience leading large-scale global data warehousing and analytics projects.
- Demonstrated industry leadership in the fields of Database and/or Data Warehousing, Data Sciences and Big Data processing. Experience with Statistics and Machine Learning.
- Hands-on experience as a database, data warehouse or big data developer.
- Track record of implementing AWS services in a variety of business environments such as large enterprises and start-ups. Experience working within the software development or Internet industries is highly desired.
- Working knowledge of modern software development practices and technologies such as agile methodologies and DevOps is highly desired.
- AWS Certification, such as "AWS Solutions Architect Associate"
Company - Amzn Web Services Colombia SAS
Job ID: A1127183
Show moreShow less