About the Firm
Founded in 2011, CrossBoundary is a mission-driven investment firm committed to unlocking the power of capital to make a substantial return while creating a lasting difference in frontier markets. We take a transaction-centered approach to frontier markets. CrossBoundary provides investment advisory services, having developed a specialized expertise in unleashing investment across all sectors in fragile and frontier markets. Our advisory clients include governments, development finance institutions, private equity firms, Fortune 100 companies, and research institutions. Learn more at .
CrossBoundary is recruiting a full-time Associate Principal to lead a transaction team focused on unlocking private capital in Latin America and the Caribbean. Core countries will include Bolivia, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Mexico, and Peru. We are seeking candidates with extensive experience living and working in Colombia, with strong contacts across the region’s financial services sector, and a thorough understanding of the investment landscape.
The Associate Principal will manage a team of investment professionals tasked with evaluating investment opportunities, conducting macroeconomic markets assessments, and providing transaction support. Experience working with a range of stakeholders (including private equity firms, Development Finance Institutions, and development agencies) to support investments in high impact sectors will be regarded favorably.
The Associate Principal will lead regional business development and grow the business activities of CrossBoundary in the region, originating transactions and projects.
Who We Are
CrossBoundary operates in frontier markets that hold immense investment opportunities. The CrossBoundary team is a unique group made up of people who are genuinely excited by the opportunity to make a difference in some of the most challenging yet exciting markets in the world. Team members come from diverse backgrounds, but share a number of qualities: curiosity, humility, integrity, a drive for excellence, and a bias for action.
Who You Are
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and qualifications:
- 10+ years of experience in investment banking, management consulting, private equity or similar
- Experience living and working in Colombia and/or Latin America
- Demonstrated leadership skills; preferably in a fast-moving and entrepreneurial environments
- Strong financial services-focused quantitative skills and accounting fluency, to include corporate finance, company valuation, comprehension of debt and equity capital markets
- Excellent analytical ability and discipline; ability to think clearly, structure problems logically and then design and implement solutions that focus on the core issues
- Ability to build strong relationships with partners and colleagues in challenging environments
- Excellent presentation skills; ability to communicate clearly and effectively with diverse audiences
- Self-starter who is passionate about creating lasting change in fragile states and frontier markets
- Experience working with a range of stakeholders (including private equity firms, Development Finance Institutions, and development agencies) to support investments in high impact sectors
- Possesses tangible grit, seeks differentiation by intentionally taking self outside of comfort zone physically, culturally and intellectually
- Comfort with ambiguity; ability to operate effectively through friction and opacity
- Demonstrated fluency in Spanish and English; proficiency in Portuguese is a plus
- Lead identification and assessment of investment opportunities
- Prepare investment memorandums, financial models, and other presentations with business plans, explanation of management structure, competitive landscape, and financial projection to recommend strategies
- Source investor and lead investor reach outs on behalf of companies’ management
- Manage numerous investor and donor relationships
- Develop and supervise valuation activities, detailed financial models with sensitivity analysis and stress testing to examine impacts on valuation, deal marketing presentations
- Oversee overall due diligence process and transaction execution including drafting and negotiations of terms sheets
- Provide market assessment and ongoing market analysis including macroeconomic, regulatory, and operational assessments
- Provide sector analysis of priority areas for investment
Bogotá, Colombia (light to moderate regional and international travel is expected)
Equal Opportunity Employer
CrossBoundary is an equal opportunity employer