Beat is one of the most exciting companies to ever come out of the ride-hailing space. One city at a time, all across the globe we make transportation affordable, convenient, and safe for everyone. We also help hundreds of thousands of people earn extra income as drivers.
Today we are the fastest-growing ride-hailing service in Latin America. But serving millions of rides every day pales in comparison to what lies ahead. Our plans for expansion are limitless. Our stellar engineering team operates across a number of European capitals where, right now, some of the world’s most ambitious and talented engineers are changing how cities will move in the future.
Beat is currently available in Greece, Peru, Chile, Colombia,
Mexico and Argentina.
About the role
We are looking for a highly skilled and reliable professional to join our Finance team in Mexico! As a Tax & Accounting Specialist, you will supervise, monitor, and evaluate all day-to-day accounting activities. In addition, you will be establishing financial status by developing and maintaining accounting principles, best practices, and systems for collecting, analyzing, verifying, and reporting financial information.
What you'll do day in day out
- Supporting general accounting activities for the MX operations
- Responsible for card acquirer reconciliation.
- Set up automatic controls to verify the accuracy and the completeness of receivables for Beat Subsidiaries
- Responsible for intercompany invoicing based on BEAT business model
- Contact person with the external advisors for the daily tax issues.
- Support the month-end IC reconciliations and the year-end closing
- Support the bank reconciliation process
- Participate in the auditing processes and liaise with external auditors
- Work closely with the Finance Lead to evaluate, develop, and improve department controls, systems, and procedures to increase accuracy and efficiency.
What you’ll need to have
- Bachelor's degree in finance or accounting
- ACCA, ACA, CPA, or similar qualification desirable
- 4+ years of experience for a major company
- Thorough understanding of investments, bank account management, and international funds flows.
- Proven knowledge of bookkeeping and accounting principles, practices, standards, laws and regulations
- High level of organization, efficiency and accuracy
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency with accounting software and experience with a software system implementation
- Strong analytical skills with an attention to detail
What's in it for you
- 100% Private Health Coverage on the Company’s group program
- Beat rides! Travel in our city for free, at the tap of a button
- Flexible working hours
- Breakfast, fruits, luncheons and snacks all day long
- Being part of an inspiring and friendly environment
- An annual amount for training purposes in order to develop your skills and expertise
- A great opportunity to grow and work with the most amazing people in the industry
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Beat is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion.