Data Science Manager (Marketing Personalization Algorithms) Job in Colombia
Udemy , Colombia
Udemy is looking for a (senior) manager to lead our Marketing Personalization Algorithms team. The team is focused on using machine learning approaches to drive a highly personalized user experience on Udemy, such as tailoring the content, channel, time, and frequency of each communication or offering personalized promotions for each learner to drive retention and engagement. We have a cross-functional agile team of data scientists, machine learning engineers, software engineers, and product managers to build these complex personalization products. The team is responsible for both data science solutions and their implementation at scale.
In this role, you will be responsible for building and leading a cross-functional agile team of data scientists and engineers to provide a better marketing experience. Success in this role will require a combination of people management skills, strong machine learning knowledge including hands-on experience in multiple methods, a good understanding of data product development cycle, and experience with data or software engineering.
We are passionate about moving fast, learning, making an impact, and quality. We are willing to take on new technical challenges. We are interested in building a diverse, collaborative, and fun environment. Come help us improve lives through learning!
Here’s what you’ll be doing:
- Recruit, hire, and retain an amazing team of high-caliber data scientists and engineers.
- Partner with product managers, marketing experts, data scientists, and engineers to build data products and drive execution.
- Provide hands-on technical guidance and career mentorship for team members.
- Maintain high-quality standards, effective team processes, and best practices in both data science and engineering.
- Build Udemy’s technical brand through talks, blog posts, and publications.
We’re excited about you because you have:
- 1+ years of experience managing and growing high performance cross-functional teams
- 3+ years of experience building data products (at scale) in cross-functional teams
- Strong knowledge of machine learning lifecycle and hands-on experience on a variety of fundamental methods
- Proficiency with 1+ programming languages (e.g., Python)
- Ability to communicate effectively with non-technical stakeholders
Great if you have but not required:
- Strong knowledge of applied statistics
- Experience with the design, development, and operational maintenance of large-scale platforms and services
- Familiarity with agile practices (e.g., Scrum)
We believe anyone can build the life they imagine through online learning. Today, more than 40 million students around the world are advancing their careers and passions by exploring and mastering new skills on Udemy, and expert instructors are able to share their knowledge with the world. Through our global marketplace and our solutions for businesses and governments, we connect people everywhere with the skills they need for success in work and life. We’re a close-knit bunch that enjoys problem-solving and collaboration, and we share a serious belief in the power of learning and teaching to change lives. Udemy’s culture encourages innovation, creativity, passion, and teamwork. We also celebrate our milestones and support each other every day.
Founded in 2010, Udemy is privately owned and headquartered in San Francisco’s SOMA neighborhood with offices in Denver (Colorado), Dublin (Ireland), Ankara (Turkey), Gurugram (India), and São Paulo (Brazil).
Information Technology and Services - Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Follow us on social media for Jobs in Colombia