Software Engineer - Monetization Platform Job in Colombia
Confluent , Colombia
At Confluent, we’re creating a category that transforms how every company manages and streams data. Have you ever found a new favorite series on Netflix, picked up groceries curbside at Walmart, or paid for something using Square? That’s Confluent in actiongiving our customers instant access to massive amounts of real-time data, enabling them to thrive in an ever-changing digital world. As one of the fastest-growing enterprise companies in history, and with Fortune 100 customers across major industries, we have a tremendous opportunity in front of us. We also have experience on our side.
Our leaders have taken companies of our size to major success before and include some of the original creators of Apache Kafka.
We’re looking for self-motivated team members who crave a challenge and feel energized to roll up their sleeves and help realize Confluent’s unlimited potential. Chart your own path and take healthy risks with the backing and support of our #OneTeam culture. Be part of inclusive initiatives like Employee Resource Groups and development programs, and take advantage of benefits that support our diverse global teams. Grow as we growwhether you’re just starting out or managing a large team, you’ll be amazed at the magnitude of your impact.
The Monetization Platform team sits at the heart of Confluent’s business strategy, enabling the company to grow by monetizing products and features across Confluent Cloud - a fully managed multicloud solution. Our mission is to build a flexible, accurate, performant, and robust monetization platform responsible for supporting flexible pricing and payments, on-demand bill generation, etc. allowing Confluent to define and sell products globally.
In this role, you will build accurate, reliable, scalable, and functionally rich systems in the cloud to support usage-based billing and pricing in the cloud that powers Confluent’s revenue across all products and global markets. You will get an opportunity to work on business critical flows from ideation to completion by closely collaborating with Product Managers, different engineering and business teams.
Some relevant posts about consumption-based monetization:Introducing a Cloud-Native Experience for Apache Kafka in Confluent Cloud Free Apache Kafka as a Service with Confluent Cloud Who You Are:
- Smart, humble, and empathetic
- Have a strong sense of teamwork, and put team’s and company’s interests first
- Driven and excited about challenges of a fast-paced, innovative software startup environment
- Hands-on engineer who enjoys on working loosely coupled distributed systems
- Self-driven and highly motivated to deliver high quality solution with accuracy
- Able to work in agile environment and adapt to changing business requirements
- Believe in test-driven development
- Excited about learning and adapting to emerging new technologies
- Enjoy and take pride in working on projects to successful completion involving a different technologies and systems
- Have a high bar when working with production systems
What We're Looking For:
- Experience in architecting, designing, and developing highly-scalable and performant backend services
- Deep knowledge of designing distributed systems in Cloud
- Experience in running production services in Public Clouds, with a drive towards quality, accuracy, and operational excellence
- Strong problem solving and analytical/critical thinking skills with attention to details
- Proficiency in a major programming language e.g. Java, Go, C / C++, Python, etc.
- A strategic engineer who constantly thinks of operational improvements of the service to meet availability and performance SLA
- Comfortable with troubleshooting technical issues across services and multi-level technical stack that includes microservices, containers, and virtualization
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor’s or Master's degree in Computer Science, like discipline, or commensurate work experience
What Gives You an Edge:
- Large Public Clouds - AWS, GCP, amp; Azure
- Containers - Docker amp; Kubernetes
- Familiarity with Kafka or Kafka Connect
- SaaS platform development
Come As You Are
At Confluent, equality is a core tenet of our culture. We are committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, and experiences. The more diverse we are, the richer our community and the broader our impact.
Click here to review ourCalifornia Candidate Privacy Notice , which describes how and when Confluent, Inc., and its group companies, collects, uses, and shares certain personal information of California job applicants and prospective employees.
Information Technology and Services - Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Follow us on social media for Jobs in Colombia