Director of Global Payroll Job in Colombia
Confluent , Colombia
At Confluent, we’re creating a category that transforms how every company manages and streams data. Have you ever found a new favorite series on Netflix, picked up groceries curbside at Walmart, or paid for something using Square? That’s Confluent in actiongiving our customers instant access to massive amounts of real-time data, enabling them to thrive in an ever-changing digital world. As one of the fastest-growing enterprise companies in history, and with Fortune 100 customers across major industries, we have a tremendous opportunity in front of us. We also have experience on our side.
Our leaders have taken companies of our size to major success before and include some of the original creators of Apache Kafka.
We’re looking for self-motivated team members who crave a challenge and feel energized to roll up their sleeves and help realize Confluent’s unlimited potential. Chart your own path and take healthy risks with the backing and support of our #OneTeam culture. Be part of inclusive initiatives like Employee Resource Groups and development programs, and take advantage of benefits that support our diverse global teams. Grow as we growwhether you’re just starting out or managing a large team, you’ll be amazed at the magnitude of your impact.
About the Role: In this newly created role, the Director of Global Payroll will be responsible for developing the overall strategic vision for Confluent’s global payroll department, as well as leading the day-to-day operations which include supporting international expansion efforts and overseeing payroll operations and compliance. This is a hands-on leadership role responsible for building scalable business processes for our payroll department and ensuring our internal control environment is effective. You will also play a key role in the implementation and optimization of systems/processes. What You’ll Do
- Provide strategic leadership for Payroll operations while measuring and monitoring the effectiveness and efficiencies of the services provided.
- Hire, manage, train, and develop a team of global payroll professionals.
- Own and manage relationships with external global payroll service providers.
- Oversee global payroll operations, including ensuring accurate and efficient payroll processing, compliance with US and foreign securities regulations and tax requirements, and month-end close procedures.
- Ensure all payroll related tax filings are completed timely and accurately, including the creation of new accounts with various federal and state agencies as required; Work with tax agencies and payroll service providers to resolve tax issues.
- Lead the consolidation of global payroll service providers and the implementation of a new service provider with an objective of automation, efficiency, and scale.
- Partner with the Stock Administration and People teams to manage stock-based compensation processing in payroll, including stock option exercises, RSUs and ESPP, to ensure payroll tax compliance.
- Identify recommendations to scale processes to enhance payroll operational efficiency including the design and implementation of internal controls and maintain payroll policies and procedures.
What We’re Looking For
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance / Accounting, or related discipline.
- 10+ years of experience in payroll operations, operating at a global, multi-national, publicly-traded company.
- Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) designation preferred.
- Strong experience of SAAS payroll solutions.
- Workday experience required. Familiarity with Equity Edge Online, a plus.
- Expert knowledge of US federal, state, and local payroll regulations, including payroll tax, reporting, and required filings.
- High level of familiarity with international payroll and compliance requirements.
- Strong project management experience including the ability to manage project plans, dependencies, critical path activities and milestones.
- Experience transforming a payroll function to maximize automation, scalability and cost effectiveness.
- Excels in hyper-growth environments; versatile, capable of managing multiple projects and task.
- Able to communicate effectively with cross-functional business partners, internal/external stakeholders and various levels of management.
Come As You Are
At Confluent, equality is a core tenet of our culture. We are committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, and experiences. The more diverse we are, the richer our community and the broader our impact.
Click here to review ourCalifornia Candidate Privacy Notice , which describes how and when Confluent, Inc., and its group companies, collects, uses, and shares certain personal information of California job applicants and prospective employees.
Information Technology and Services - Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Follow us on social media for Jobs in Colombia