Area Manager Latin America Distribution is responsible for identifying, developing and consolidating business opportunities in Peru, Ecuador, Bolivia, Paraguay, Chile and Argentina.
Candidate will be responsible to
(i) manage distributors relationship’s, while building strong bonds with key stakeholders within the distribution network and the local market (medical community, KOL and key customers among others) , deeply understanding their goals, drivers and needs
(ii) identify new opportunities and challenges, while finding ways to assist the distributor in alignment of Werfen´s Values and Value/Strategic Selling framework.
(iii) build a a strong team dynamic with each distributor,
her/his peers within the Latin America Distribution team, and finally other functional areas within Werfen globally (Marketing SBu, production, logistics, finance, QA, RA; etc…).
The position will be based in Bogota and requires 50% travel time to countries in the area of influence. Eventually will have to travel to Europe and/or USA.
- Implement Latin America Strategic Objectives outlined in the SP 2019-23 approved by our shareholders; for distributors in Peru, Ecuador, Bolivia, Paraguay, Chile and Argentina.
- Implement Sales and Marketing excellence initiatives in alliance with different distributors in the area of influence:
- Assuring that Value and Strategic selling framework are properly used. Action Plans for each Key Account are implemented on time and optimally. New instruments and/or software are installed optimally Assure distributor personnel is trained and certified, in product and clinical knowledge as well as applications and service. Reagent consumption has a proper correlation with baseline and business trends Monitor “Project Funnel” from identification to installation & follow-up, including Tenders (CRM Fiori/Opportunities Tool)
- Assure achievement of sales and profitability Budget in territory of influence.
- Find, evaluate, and propose new business opportunities in those areas in which we do not have current distribution network or our market position is not the expected one.
- Provide sales and marketing advice (as needed and requested) to our distributors in order to improve their competitive edge
- Develop a financial planning strategy with each distributor aimed toward assuring that financial conditions granted to each distributor are the optimal ones need to achieve the agreed busines goals. Monitor AR with each distributor, connecting with the different finance departments within Werfen to ensure the optimal status of each account.
- Negotiate and monitor the status of the different Distribution Agreements terms, in alignment with General Manager and in compliance with Werfen Policies and regulations.
- Monitor macroeconomic development, political trends, health Industry policies, local regulations for each country of influence periodically. Assess potential risk and opportunities in her/his area of influence.
- Support Latin America Distribution Product Managers in the design and implementation of the tactical plan in his/her area of influence.
- Monitor purchase orders with distributors and work with different Werfen logistic department to optimize supply chain.
- Visit Key Accounts periodically and as agreed with key stakeholders within each distributor, ensure Value and Strategic Selling implementation and a Zero Distance approach with key accounts.
- Monitor the different sanitary registrations data base within each territory of her/his responsibility, and work together with the different Regulatory Departments at Werfen to assure all permits are registration are in place.
- Implement Anti-Corruption risk assessments and Due Diligence questionnaires as requested by the Compliance Department of Werfen.
- Assure Code of Ethics and Werfen Values are implemented at distributors level.
Internal Networking/Key relationships
External: (i) distributors and its internal stakeholders, such as sales / marketing teams, regulatory, finance, logistics, service; etc…. (ii) local customers and KOL in her/his area of influence.
Internal: her/his peers in the Latin America Distribution team, office support in Bogota and Key Stakeholders in Barcelona, San Diego, Münich, Milano and Boston (HR, SBu, Technical Service, Regulatory, Clinical Software, Legal Dept. among others).
Skills & Capabilities:
- Analytic skills
- Conflict management
Min Knowledge & Experience required for the position
- 5 years of proven experience handling distributors within the Latin America Region
- Experience and knowledge in IVD and/or Medical and/or Pharmaceutical Industry.
- Spanish and English proficiency
- Finance knowledge
- Proven experience leading indirect or direct teams
- Proven experience and references of working under pressure
- No required.
- 50 % of working time.