Open LMS is a Moodle-based Learning Management System that helps educators improve the learning experience and outcomes of millions of learners across the globe. In partnership with our community of educators, we continually innovate to better enable educators, parents, and learners of all types to teach, learn, connect, and communicate whenever they want and wherever they are. Most importantly, we help every student achieve their full potential through access to lifelong learning.
We also offer a full portfolio of education technologies including exclusive reseller relationships for web conferencing, accessibility improvement, and innovative content offerings from both Blackboard and Learning Technologies Group.
For more information about Open LMS, please visit our website (https://www.blackboardopenlms.com/), and hit our Youtube channel (https://www.youtube.com/user/MoodleroomsVideo) to get a feel for our culture and meet members of the team.
As Technical Consultant, you will be responsible to resolve technical challenges, through projects for custom developments, Code reviews, use case creation, and technical documentation delivery. You will guide the technical team to follow the right practices, help to find efficiencies in processes, and validate the quality of delivery.
What you'll be doing
Specific responsibilities include:
- Direct communication with customers
- Following up with project managers and other team members.
- Provide custom developments over Open LMS and Moodle
- Deliver code reviews of third-party Moodle plugins
- Translate customer requirements in use cases
- Support, maintain and document technical requirements
- Help on internal initiatives focus principally to improve customer experiences and processes
- Guide technical consultants to have the best quality
- Serve as point of escalation for complex development
- Serve as a technical leader for the team and inspire others
Skills and Aptitudes
The Candidate will have these required skills:
- Has a bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- Has excellent problem-solving skills
- Has excellent writing, communication, and analytical skills
- Experience using Git-flow
- Knowledge in automatic testing using Behat
- English communication required (B2/C1)
- Be able to work in an international environment with remote teams and different timezones
- Located in Bogotá
- Experience in Moodle development or other Learning Management Systems
- Experience working with direct communication with international customers
- Experience in new technologies to develop in Frontend or Backend (for internal initiatives) like Nodejs or Angularjs.
- Self-paced courses certifications related to the development
This job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required. Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities at any time.
Open LMS is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, or any other protected factor.