The mission of our R&D; division, Digital for Airlines, is to be the preferred partner of airlines for their direct online channel. We leverage Amadeus Airline Digital Platform to better integrate Amadeus solutions for shopping, payment/ticketing, reissue/refund, ancillary services. We power more than 100 airlines and operate fully in Agile using SAFe methodology, with dedicated Agile competency centers for our top-tier customers.
This position will be based in Bogota, Colombia.
Summary of the role:
Are you the next Product Owner we are looking for?
- You will be based in Bogotá, Colombia
- You will be able to bridge functional & technical knowledge and ready to embrace our business challenges.
- You will work closely with an Agile Scrum team, other stakeholders of the Scaled Agile organization.
- You will be responsible to manage the backlog of user stories and bugs.
- You will be at the heart of the construction of our Digital Experience Suite, ranging from dev toolkits, orchestration engines and modular UIs to data & analytics.
- You will constantly interact with Avianca, our main customer, the Digital program manager and the Scrum Master:
- During the scoping and requirement phase
- During SAFe preparation phase for each Program Increment
- During each sprint, to clarify, prioritize and refine backlog content
- During the Sprint provide clarifications on the functionality delivered
In this role you’ll:
- Act as product owner:
- Assisting the customer/digital program management to understand business requirements.
- Ensuring the requirements are fully clarified and understood by all stakeholders (in particular the customer and the scrum team)
- Assisting customer to define the priorities of the requirements
- Identifying and managing dependencies between the requirements in the backlog
- Defining the features of the application.
- Adjusting the features and priority as needed after each sprint or iteration.
- Jointly with the customer, accepting or rejecting work results.
- Work with the customer, as well as with, the Scrum Master and the scrum team, to follow the best Agile practices.
- Work with technical experts in order define the technical and architectural runway.
- Improve our processes.
- Carry out functional design:
- Organize Feasibility Studies, High Level Solution Design, Product Specifications when required and perform functional walk-throughs to all concerned stakeholders when needed.
- Interface with relevant divisions and departments to identify interactions with other Amadeus applications and ensure functional compatibility.
- Manage relations with key stakeholders:
- Communicate on planning and execution with Product Management, Project management, Implementation, and Development teams.
- Communicate with the customer during the whole cycle of the sprint and the Program Increments: requirements clarification, functional specification, testing and implementation phases.
About the ideal candidate:
- University degree in IT or Business. Master’s degree is a plus.
- Fluent in English required and Spanish
- Certificate in Scrum Product Owner is a plus.
- Relevant Work Experience & Skills:
- Proven experience as a Product Owner with Agile/Scrum methodologie: story mapping experience, managing and prioritizing product backlog items
- Technical background with knowledge of software development and web technologies
- Strong listening, written and oral communication skills
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience on airlines or travel-related products will be highly appreciated
- Knowledge of SAFe is a plus
- Experience in data analytics is a plus.
What we can offer you:
- The opportunity to work for one of the world’s top leading travel tech companies; a company that originated in technology innovation and sees the world with a technology-first perspective
- Skills development and opportunities to try new ideas
- A global diverse work environment
The application process takes no longer than 10 minutes! Create your candidate profile, upload your CV and apply.
Are you the one we are looking for? Apply now!
Our diversity commitment: equality, diversity and inclusion are part of who we are. We’re committed to equal opportunities and treatment regardless of age, ethnicity, gender, beliefs, sexual orientation or disability.
The posting of vacancies and the treatment of applications are, in each Amadeus location, subject to national law and possible collective agreements with local staff representation. Internal Mobility policies vary from office to office, please check with your local HR representative the requirements and policy in place. E.g. a minimum time on position or Line Manager approval may be requested.
You are applying for the legal entity Colombia ACO.