Importante empresa del sector
Moffatt & Nichol is actively searching for a CAD Technician to join our Panama/Colombia office. The CAD Technican will design and draft detailed drawings using AutoCAD and Civil 3D for use in planning, permitting and construction of civil/structural infrastructure projects. Our ideal candidate would be a detail-oriented, analytical thinker, with the ability to work independently.
Duties and responsibilities
- Transform initial rough designs and ‘mark-ups’ into finished working documents.
- Draft detailed drawings of structures and installations such as cargo terminals, breakwaters, marinas, wharfs, bulkhead walls and shoreline construction (beaches, revetments, dikes and jetties.)
- Compute volumes of excavations and fill for dredging and earthmoving projects.
- Review engineering drawings to ensure adherence to established standards.
- Assist designers and senior technicians with preparation and review of engineering drawing packages.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Associates Degree in design and / or construction
- 5 years proven work experience with Auto CAD, Autodesk Civil 3D required
- Proven working knowledge of :
- Civil site development (e.g. grading, surfaces, volume calculations, sections, profiles, corridors, pipe networks, alignments and quantity take-offs)
- Structural steel materials (i.e. W, S & M shapes; channels; angles; pipe piles, etc.) and reinforcement and detailing in concrete structures
- Engineering design principles and construction methods
- CAD standards
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work in a team environment
- Knowledge of Microsoft office Suite (Excel advanced knowledge preferred)
- The ability to meet deadlines while performing under pressure
- Successful experience working in a dynamic environment with multiple project responsibilities
Software / Technical Skills:
- AutoCAD (required)
- Civil 3D (required)
- Microstation (desired)
- Revit (a strong plus)
- ArcGIS (a strong plus)
- 3DMax (desired)
- Navisworks (desired)
Moffatt & Nichol is a global infrastructure advisory firm of 800+ employees in 40+ offices and 7 countries. We provide practical solutions to clients in the marine terminal, transportation, energy, environmental, federal, and urban development markets around the world. We are a multidiscipline professional services firm with specialized expertise in structural, coastal, and civil engineering; environmental sciences; economics analysis; inspection and rehabilitation; and program management solutions.
Moffatt & Nichol’s EEO Statement:
As a global business, Moffatt & Nichol relies on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goal of Creative People, Practical solutions serving our client needs, and ensures nondiscrimination in all programs and activities in accordance with Title VI and VII of the Civil rights Act of 1964. We continuously seek talented, qualified employees in our world-wide operations regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, religion, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, protected veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Moffatt & Nichol is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer/ Federal Contractor desiring priority referrals of all protected veterans for job openings.
EEO is the LAW