Research Solutions: Account Manager – Academic, Government & Corporate Accounts – Colombia, Ecuador and Venezuela
Are you an experienced Account Manager (AM) with a track record in selling information tools, eager to contribute to our Global Sales division? Our Account Manager vacancy can be your next challenge!
The Account Manager plans and manages the overall territory and account base engaging in academic and scientific research. They work with multiple stakeholders in the research community and research libraries and is the primary strategic account owner driving the overall Elsevier business (all research information products) at the account in his/her territory.
Working together! The AM is the main strategic territory and account planner – ensuring other sales roles and Elsevier stakeholders are aligned with the overall strategic plan and territory engagement plan. The AM encourages, facilitates and leverages the other sales roles (Solution Sales Manager, Customer Consultant) in order to optimize Elsevier‘s business at the territory – working with Solution Sales Managers (SSM) to drive new sales of specific solutions, and working with Customer Consultants (CC) to ensure customers get the most value out of our solutions so as to secure renewals and future growth. You will report to the Regional Account Director. This position is Home Based with travel within the Andean Region.
- You are responsible for customer loyalty and customer satisfaction. This means you are the expert on the customer; you know everything about the customers’ business, strategy and research needs, budgets and competitive products at the customer. You translate this knowledge into implications for the holistic Elsevier value proposition and the solutions we offer.
- As the Account Manager you are responsible for meeting or exceeding the annual revenue targets and achieving long-term growth of overall Elsevier business at the accounts in the territory. Next to that, you will deliver the content value story to the customer (institute, library and researchers) and drive customer value perception of Elsevier content, products and services. Leads or drives high value, complex and potentially highly political negotiations (e.g. at consortia or country level)
- AMs are responsible for successfully meeting current year and longer term revenue growth goals by working together with the other sales roles (SSM/CC) as a tight-knit team in the territory.
- AMs interact with various stakeholders at an account – not just the commercial buyer – and work to transform the value perception of Elsevier‘s core offering with researchers at the account.
- Build long-term Elsevier success in your territory.
- Responsible for new sales within existing accounts for ScienceDirect Journals, Scopus, eBooks
- Responsible for support and guide new sales for solutions portfolio (Research Intelligence, Life Science, Engineering)
- Responsible for commercial activities, negotiation and closing of renewals from all portfolios.
- Responsible for strategic account planning, ensuring appropriate input from other stakeholders, and focusing on the customer’s business strategy.
- Responsible of strategic relationship development through a plan integrating internal and external stakeholders to support the customer goals.
- Experience calling on research institutions selling complex products at c- level is desired.
- Expertise to manage complex matrix of internal and external stakeholders is helpful
- Experience using complex enterprise software tool would be desirable.
- Background in managing large complex customers driving customer engagement and growing sales within accounts required
- Experienced in working in an international matrix organization is helpful
- Strong communication (verbal including on-line delivery and written) and presentation skills
- Strategic, consultative selling approach
- Self-learning and time self-management
- Enthusiasm and energy is a must!
- Bachelor's degree required
What we offer:
We are the leading provider of scientific, technical and medical information and tools in the world that help our customers improve scientific and healthcare outcomes. We welcome you to a truly global, multi-cultural, inclusive, diverse, dynamic and challenging environment offering great opportunities to develop yourself.
- Competitive base salary
- Generous Commission plan based on performance
- Regional medical, dental & savings plans
- Business expenses and travel fully paid
- Excellent hands-on training program and a team to support you
- Numerous online resources to assist with self-development and career progression
- Elsevier is an Equal Opportunity Employer