Gorilla Logic provides custom application development services on the ground and in the cloudto many of the world's leading software-driven organizations. Our highly collaborative, AgileGorillas are uniquely qualified to implement complex software initiatives and are skilled at largeAgile implementations. As an established leader in mobile, Internet, and enterprise applicationdevelopment we attract some of the most talented developers and interesting projects. GorillaLogic's commitment to solving advanced technology issues enables us to deliver high-quality,full-featured applications we are proud of.
● Full-time employment with Gorilla Logic.
● Work out of our very modern office in San Jose,
Costa Rica or Medellín, Colombia.
● Position available to start ASAP; Flexible for 30-day notice.
● Fun environment and flexible work schedule.
● Paid company private insurance and compensated days off.
● Product ownership, close-knit team, and endless opportunities within the company!
Senior Backend Engineer
Gorilla Logic is looking for a Senior Backend Engineer. This is a unique and highly technical role responsible for server-side web application logic as well as integration of the front-end development, requiring outstanding programming skills and a passion for developing applications. Our environment will require you to work effectively with your teammates, of course. But your real success will be measured by how well you couple critical thinking with self-motivation, enthusiasm and determination.
● Create efficient code and improve the server-side applications and databases.
● Ensure high performance and responsiveness to request from the front-end.
● Write web services and API’s used by front-end web and mobile developers.
● Collaborate with front-end developers and other team members to establish objectives
and design more functional, cohesive code to enhance the user experience.
● Define and communicate technical and design requirements.
● Build high-quality reusable code that be used in the future.
● Conducts unit test, code reviews, refactors the current source code, assesses andimproves application performance and maintains design and code documentation.
● Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field (or equivalent experience).
● 5+ years of back-end development experience.
● 3+ years of programming experience in Go.
● Experience with SQL databases like PostgreSQL.
● Experience with microservices architectures.
● Experience with RESTful Web Services, API’s and asynchronous data flow.
● Experience with Testing and Debugging.
● Must have the ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
● Strong communication skills to interact with Agile team members.
● Good Analytical thinking and problem-solving skills.
● Experience with Docker and Kubernetes (Containers and Orchestration).
● Cloud development experience with Google Cloud and Firebase.
● Experience with C++.
● Experience with Infrastructure as Code using tools like Terraform.
● Experience with technologies like GraphQL, serverless architecture and/or Web Sockets.
● Experience with Caching, Messaging and Streaming.