Gorilla Logic provides custom application development services on the ground and in the cloud to many of the world's leading software-driven organizations. Our highly collaborative, Agile Gorillas are uniquely qualified to implement complex software initiatives and are skilled at large Agile implementations. As an established leader in mobile, Internet, and enterprise application development we attract some of the most talented developers and interesting projects. Gorilla Logic's commitment to solving advanced technology issues enables us to deliver high-quality, full-featured applications we are proud of.
• Full-time employment with Gorilla Logic
• Work out of our very modern office in Medellin,
• Position available to start ASAP; Flexible for 30-day notice
• Fun environment and flexible work schedule
• Paid company private insurance and compensated days off
• Product ownership, close-knit team, and endless opportunities within company!
Senior Python Developer
Gorilla Logic is working with our client, who is an industry leader in smart payments space, to help build their team of highly intelligent and capable engineers. We are looking for a Sr. Python Developer, who will work with a team of engineers building and maintaining our client’s smart payments application. Based in Medellin, Colombia, this is a key role within our client’s engineering team, requiring extensive python development experience with Flask. Our environment will require you to work effectively with your teammates, of course. But your real success will be measured by how well you couple critical thinking with self-motivation, enthusiasm and determination.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field (or equivalent experience)
• 5+ years of development experience
• 3+ years of backend development using Python/Flask; other Python frameworks like Django and CherryPy will be considered for the right candidate
• Experience deploying Python applications to production
• In depth knowledge of REST and web services
• Experience developing with Docker
• Experience writing complex SQL queries
• Must have the ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
• Strong communication skills to interact with Agile team members
• ElasticSearch experience is a big plus; knowledge of ElasticSearch configurations is a huge plus
• Experience with AWS
• Kafka experience is a big plus
• Experience with Redis caching
• On-premise software deployments is a huge plus
• NLP & ML is a huge plus