Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for highly talented hands on technical architects to help accelerate our growing Professional Services business. This is an excellent opportunity to join Amazon’s world class technical teams, working with some of the best and brightest engineers while also developing your skills and furthering your career within one of the most innovative and progressive technology companies.
Professional Services engage in a wide variety of projects for customers and partners, providing collective experience from across the AWS customer base and are obsessed about strong success for the Customer. The Application Migration,
Modernization and Management Practice collaborates across the entire AWS organization to bring access to product and service teams, to get the right solution delivered and drive feature innovation based upon customer needs. As trusted customer advocates, we help organizations understand best practices around advanced cloud-based solutions, how to migrate and/or re-develop existing workloads to the cloud. You will help shape, execute and deliver solutions for a broad range of customer use cases primarily from large enterprise customers.
In this role as an experienced midrange and legacy modernization architect, you will assist our customers in architecting, developing and re-engineering applications that can fully leverage the AWS Cloud. You will work on a variety of game changing projects, at the forefront of application development and cloud technology adoption. Achieving success will require coordination across many internal AWS teams and external AWS Partners, with impact and visibility at the highest levels of the company.
In order for applications to be cloud optimized they need to be architected correctly enabling them to reap the benefits of elasticity, horizontal scalability, automation and high availability. On the AWS platform services such as Amazon EC2, AWS Lambda, AWS CodeStar, Amazon ECS, AWS Fargate, and Amazon EKS to design and build modern applications that are more secure, reliable, scalable, and quickly available for customers.
We are looking for hands on Architects who are passionate about:
Extensive knowledge in midrange and legacy modernization techniques and related tools and approaches;
Designing AWS architectures which meet or exceed the requirements of workloads coming from midrange and legacy infrastructures;
Helping customers architect scalable, highly available application solutions that leverage AWS services;
Architecting, developing and modernizing customer applications/systems to be cloud optimized;
Working as a technical leader alongside customer business, development and infrastructure teams;
Advising and implementing AWS best practices;
Agile software development and DevOps;
Implementing DevOps practices such as infrastructure as code, continuous integration and automated deployment.
Our Consultants work with enterprise customers locally, regionally and potentially domestically. As such, Consultants will be required to travel to client locations to sell and deliver professional services as needed.
· 5+ years of hands-on technical experience with midrange, non-x86 legacy systems and with technologies such as COBOL, JCL, CICS, DB2 for z/OS, Assembler, PL/I, Java, Rexx, flat/sequential files, GDGs, and VSAM; Prior experience with leading midrange application modernization initiatives.
· Familiar with major midrange migration and modernization tools in the industry.
· Knowledge of cloud migrations approaches and patterns.
· 8+ years of experience designing architectures and solutions for mission-critical, large-scale transaction processing and batch applications on midrange systems.
· Experience with one target application modernization programming language (i.e. Java, Python).
· Knowledge of IBM middleware such as CICS, DB2, IMS DB, IMS DC , VSAM, and Adabas/Natural.
· Fluent in Spanish and English. Portuguese is a plus.
· BS level technical degree or equivalent professional experience.
· Experience in leading the assessment, discovery and planning phases of midrange migration projects.
· Experience with midrange data migration, and with integrating distributed systems applications with applications on the midrange.
· Experience with one modern application framework (Spring, Angular, React, Vue).
· Experience with tools for midrange code analysis, code re-hosting or emulation.
· Work experience with large customers.
· Knowledge of cloud computing technologies.