Departamento de La Guajira
Consultant Team for a Final Evaluation in Colombia
Malteser International Americas has been operational in the USA, Latin America & the Carribean since 2014 and is currently implementing projects in the fields of Health, Relief, Reconstruction & Rehabilitation; Water, Sanitation & Hygiene (WASH), Sustainable Livelihoods, Disaster Risk Reduction and Climate Change Adaption in Colombia, Haiti, Peru, Mexico and the USA. Since 2018 Malteser International Americas has expanded its medical aid activities in Colombia as a response to the increasing influx of refugees from crisis-ridden Venezuela.
The project “Building Resilience and food security for rural communities regularly affected by natural disasters in La Guajira,
Colombia” was started in July 2018. Its project objectives were to develop local capacity in the areas of sustainable agriculture, environmental resource preservation and management and disaster preparedness of 3,500 individuals in the Rio Tapia Region of Sierra Nevada, La Guajira, Colombia. In support of this project in La Guajira, Colombia, Malteser International Americas is looking for an experienced Consultant Team for a Final Evaluation .
- Conduct the project evaluation following the DAC criteria of relevance, efficiency, effectiveness, impact, sustainability and draw conclusions as well as recommendations
- Compose a consolidated evaluation report consisting of an executive summary, a main report presenting the results, conclusions, recommendations, lessons learned as well as an annex of main supporting documents
- Demonstrated capacity and experience (at least 5 years) in evaluating development and/or humanitarian projects, preferably in the Latin American and/or Colombia context
- Technical knowledge and experience in one or more of the following fields: Food Security, Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR), Resilience, Livelihoods
- Fluency in English and Spanish (spoken/written)
- Experience in working with (local and international) non-governmental organizations
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated cross-cultural skills
- Previous work experience in La Guajira, Colombia or experience working in rural settings is an asset
- Familiarity with community-based health care, WASH and nutrition/livelihood projects in under-developed and complex environments is of advantage
- Duty Station: La Guajira, Colombia
- Timeframe: The final evaluation is planned to be completed in max 24 days in August, 2021
For more information, please see theTerms of References.