About the Company
true[X], acquired by Gimbal in 2020, is the leading engagement advertising platform. true[X] is a technology company building the next generation of advertising products and experiences for premium video. Our mission is to provide the best advertising experience for consumers, the best monetization for premium publishers, and the best return for brand advertisers. We deliver effective advertising for on-demand, interactive media to reach consumers across devices (i.e. desktop, mobile, and CTV) through our premium video, productivity, and gaming publishers. Originally founded in 2007, true[X] is headquartered in Los Angeles and New York, with additional offices in Chicago and Seattle.
Across connected TV,
mobile, and desktop we empower premium publishers to create experiences that allow them to serve the widest possible audience by optimizing consumers’ time and attention, and delivering impactful results for advertisers. For brands and advertisers true[X] delivers on our true[ATTENTION] guarantee of effective, zero-waste, high-engagement ad experiences that drive measurable brand funnel impact.
About the Job
We are seeking a Designer to join our team. The Ad Studio is a division of true[X] focused on fostering, challenging and innovating attention advertising, and is a full service organization comprised of project managers, designers, strategists and producers. The Ad Studio leads creative storytelling and how to best tell a brand’s story by developing insights based on data, functionalities and KPIs.
What you’ll be doing:
- Leveraging your understanding of design to achieve business objectives while keeping a high quality level for aesthetics, while delivering high volumes under expedited timelines.
- Maintaining an awareness and practical understanding of current technologies and their application and relevance to digital experiences.
- Designing for all desktop & mobile devices, with connected devices
- Using tools and content management systems to manipulate creative and copy.
- Preparing engagement ads for final production including, but not limited to graphics, colors, fonts, animation and/or user flow details.
- Supporting Art Directors to design engagement ads and Ad Studio material.
- Leading the design, UX and user flows for engagement ads.
- Designing & creating animated assets in final production quality for video supported ad products (where applicable).
- Creating custom video assets for engagement ads (where applicable).
- Supporting and collaborating on tasks and action items to creative proposals and client pitches.
- Collaborating with other members of the Ad Studio, Account, Sales, Ad Ops & Product to develop creative and innovative attention advertising.
- Partnering with the Account team to ensure client's expectations and KPIs are properly set and being met.
- Participating in clients calls & being able to intelligently speak about a concept, as well as Ad Studio and true[X] standards, processes and products.
Who you are:
- A proactive go-getter — you take ownership and are accountable for all you do, with the initiative to learn new skills on the fly
- A self-starter — you thrive working in small, collaborative teams with a lot of autonomy
- An outgoing communicator — you know how to get your point across clearly and effectively regardless of who you’re speaking to
- A highly organized individual — you color code your calendar and to-do list, or you do whatever else is necessary to make sure you're on top of what needs to get done, so that it's done on time.
What you have:
- B.A. or B.S. degree in Design or related field.
- 2+ years of relevant experience.
- Proficient knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite and other creative software.
- Advanced design and animation knowledge: After Effects, Graphic design, Cinema 4D, Basic Modeling, etc. all a plus (where applicable).
- Highly organized and dependable, able to handle multiple projects while working quickly and meeting deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills (both written and `verbal).
- Strong project management skills.
- Working in a service organization/role is a nice to have.
- A sense of humor really helps.
- Entrepreneurial spirit is a must.
- Portfolio required.
- Advanced/Native English proficiency required
Benefits & Perks.
It’s no secret that we work hard, but we also strive to create an office environment where the lines between work and play are blurred. This means we offer these great perks to help keep our team healthy, productive, and happy.
- 100% company-paid health, dental, and vision coverage for you and your dependents, as well as life insurance and disability coverage
- Unlimited paid time off - we trust your discretion
- Opportunities for profit sharing, bonuses, and ownership
- 401(k) plan plus company match
- Cell phone reimbursement and subsidized gym membership
- Annual professional development stipend
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse work environment. true[X]/Gimbal is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.