Marketing Manager, Americas
Part of Kaplan Inc, Kaplan International Languages (KIL) is a world leading group of English, French and German language schools with a network of more than 30 colleges in some of the world’s most desirable destinations – from Los Angeles to New York, from London to Berlin. We recruit students from over 150 countries and offer programmes ranging in length from one week up to a full academic year.
We are now looking to appoint a Marketing Manager for the Americas region, based in Bogota, who will be responsible for creating and delivering a regional marketing plan, which supports profitable revenue growth and drives our student recruitment efforts.
KIL’s key source markets in the region are USA, Chile, Argentina, Peru, Colombia, Venezuela, Mexico, and Spain, as well as several other smaller Latin-American markets. Programmes are sold through two main channels: commission-based education agents and direct student recruitment.
As Marketing Manager, you will lead a small team to execute the regional marketing plan, represent the region’s priorities within the Marketing department, participate in leading the wider marketing department of over 40 people and represent the department to the wider business and external stakeholders. You’ll have developed strong relationship and influencing skills which will enable you to partner effectively with Sales and ensure that plans align closely with sales objectives.
- Strategy and Planning: Conducting analysis of market including competitor reviews
Supporting the creation of annual marketing plans, appropriate for each market, in collaboration with Sales and other relevant stakeholders. Monitoring KPIs for markets, working with sales and marketing analytics
- Budgetingm Managing a monthly accounting system which records all spend and cross check against monthly financial reports. Adhering to all policies and procedures with regards to budget expenditure, controlling budget and reporting any variances
- Media planning Working with performance media team to develop a digital media strategy that optimises ROI, drives high quality leads (direct markets) and/or brand preference (agent markets). Negotiating local partnerships/affiliate relationships where appropriate
- Website: Ensuring the quality, consistency, and local effectiveness of kaplaninternational.com in terms of customer experience and localized content, working with channel specialists as required
- Marketing Campaign Management: Managing the master plan of activity to ensure that individual campaigns dovetail effectively without duplication or over-exposure.
- Team: Leading the recruitment and training of the regional marketing team of five Marketing Executives and Assistants, providing mentor support to direct reports, and ensuring individual growth of the team members in addition to the overall growth of the company
- Native Spanish and fluent English speaker
- Proven success in managing high-growth marketing strategies and plans, preferably in one or several of these markets: USA, Chile, Colombia, Mexico, as well as several other smaller Latin-American markets
- A track record of effective digital marketing such as performance marketing, content marketing, or social media
- International experience
- Team management experience
- Experience of managing in an international, matrixed organisation would be an advantage but is not essential
Compensation and Benefits:
- Negotiable, based on experience