The Austral Group
THE AUSTRAL GROUP
Austral Group designs and organizes global business education experiences for leading business schools, corporations and business associations from around the world. Together with our clients, we create highly customized online experiential learning activities and organize international travel logistics.
Austral Group was founded over 15 years ago and since then we have partnered with more than 200 global institutions, organizing 1,200 university travel programs and online learning modules focused on Latin America, USA and Europe for 41,000 students. Our Company continues to grow, and we are constantly evaluating opportunities to widen our geographic footprint and client base.
Austral Group is looking to fill the position of Program Manager for South America with a professional and energetic person who can contribute ideas and take on responsibilities to match our growth as the leader in educational travel and academic programs. We are a unique team of young professionals from all around the world, which makes working at Austral Group a dynamic and multicultural experience that will contribute greatly to your professional development.
As a Program Manager at Austral Group your responsibility will be to design, plan and manage all aspects of the academic, business and cultural portions of clients' travel and virtual itineraries. You will arrange company visits and presentations from high-level business executives for the student programs (MBA/EMBA and other) visiting South America, with a strong focus on Colombia, Panama, Peru, Ecuador. You will have daily contact with business executives by phone calls, email and face-to-face visits.
You must have a firm grasp of leading companies and business leaders in South America and be able to contact them to schedule meetings and tours. Successful candidates must have a solid understanding of the regional business and economic environment, political activity, and educational trends. You will accompany clients to some business meetings, as well as to cultural activities such as museum visits, sports games, etc.
Your success will be measured in accordance with the overall success of the travel and online programs. Attention to detail with focus on superior client satisfaction is essential.
The Program Manager will be based in Colombia. The Program Manager will be working from home but will be in close contact with our team in South America and around the world.
Travel may be required.
- Schedule creative and academically challenging itineraries consisting of company visits, based on Client requests;
- Develop relationships with businesses, universities, government agencies and non-profit organizations throughout South America for academic content sourcing;
- Plan itineraries with client and commercial manager during proposal and planning stages;
- Daily contact with business executives and clients by telephone calls, email and face-to-face interaction;
- You will accompany clients to some business meetings, and may be required to facilitate business discussions with University MBA/EMBA students.
You will excel in this position if you:
- are a self-starting leader who enjoys entrepreneurial environments and challenges;
- are obsessively focused on operational excellence and total client satisfaction;
- understand the business environment in South America, are familiar with the major companies, and are able to contact and develop professional relationships with the business executives of these organizations;
- have strong research skills to learn about new business trends;
- are flexible;
- possess superior interpersonal skills.
Qualifications and Experience:
- University degree or business related experience;
- Strong aptitude in meeting planning, conference organization, public relations, or related experience, with 3-5 years of direct work experience;
- Ability to interact with senior management of international companies, and expertise in managing high-level relationships;
- Highly organized and detail-oriented profile;
- Strong negotiation skills;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with an emphasis on superior client satisfaction;
- Strong communications and interpersonal skills, creativity, and a positive attitude;
- Knowledge of G-suite. Previous experience with Slack and Salesforce desirable;
- Fluency in English and Spanish.